August 21, 2017

DO YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE REAL JOY & STRENGTH - A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

DO YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE
REAL JOY & STRENGTH?
(A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)

NEHEMIAH 8:10.......
"THE JOY OF THE LORD
IS 
YOUR STRENGTH"

UN-EXPECTED EXPERIENCE

Have you ever been through an experience that was life altering? An experience that just totally drained you of all your strength, and left you feeling very sad? Something that left you questioning, "How will I get my joy, and strength back?"

We all go through un-expected experiences. Some of them are good, some are bad, and sometimes they are life altering - an experience I personally went through. Being married for twenty-one years. We were married in 1980. Losing my marriage to the drug addiction of my husband was definitely life altering for me. He was a man of God when I met him, and he was serving in the ministry. We both loved the Lord - with our heart seared to share the Love of Jesus to other drug addicts. Being victorious over our own drug addiction, made us prime examples on how Jesus can set you free.

But, there was just one problem. We had different views on certain issues that I believed we strongly needed to make the foundation of our marriage strong. I knew if I didn't hold onto these views, without them it would ultimately open a door for me to fall back into sin - a life of drugs that God delivered me from. A life I vowed to never live again. I set up boundaries I would never cross: to keep God's hedge around me, true to His word, and strong in Him. Why? Because, without Jesus in my life I am nothing. Jesus is my foundation - my rock - my Savior! Unfortunately, I wish I had known about these views before I married him. 

Needless to say, I was shocked, and heart broken when my husband decided to take the plunge back into a life of drugs.

PSALMS 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

AGONIZING CHOICE

Now, with four children - teenagers at that, after twenty-one years of marriage, I had to come to an agonizing choice. My husband no longer cared for my, or my children's spiritual wellbeing, or our safety, being exposed to things I hid from my children. At some point they too began to notice something was terribly wrong with daddy.

When it finally came to true light, this brought on confusion, anger, resentment in the heart's of my children, and worst of all - the feelings of betrayal from their father. I understood perfectly - I was experiencing the same feelings. Being raised by a Christian father: going to church three times a week, praying, and teaching our children to live a Godly life, when their father was doing just the opposite was too much to bare. 

The final draw was when his life led him to commit adultery. I felted totally drained, with nothing to fight for, nothing left to hold on too. I could no longer fight the devil. All my spiritual strength had left my soul.  

My husband, and I were both broken hearted. But, I was now more concerned about me, and the lives of my children. I was horrified about the decision I had to make. Leaving my husband who I loved so dearly - but, yet I was broken hearted, and numb at the same time. I didn't have time to feel. I had to think fast, because of my children.

PROVERBS 3:7 - Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, depart from evil.

RESISTING TEMPTATION


Being a single mother was very difficult, and lonely. With four teenage children, who were now angry, and experiencing the pain of losing their father - they rebelled. Everything was out of control. I was still holding on even though I was still feeling numb from my divorce. 

Feeling lonely: and all alone, having Christian friends who didn't quite know how to console me, and having non-Christian friends didn't help either. My Christian friends were busy, and my non-Christian friends were always full of worldly advise. "FIND A MAN!" They would say. You need to have a good romp in the hay! 
YA - RIGHT! THAT'S ALL I NEEDED! I thought.

But, the devil was working overtime. He wanted me to fall like my ex-husband did. Anyway, I met a charming, drop dead gorgeous man from Spain. He was about ten years older than I was: touch of gray in his hair, rich, and a Spanish accent that would make any woman melt like sugar in water - a very sexy man! Except one thing. I was Spanish, and I knew how Spanish men were. At least, the ones I was raised around. HA!

We went on one date, got to know each other as friends, no benefits. I'm old school, plus I'm a woman of God. He wanted me to go on vacation with him to Spain. WOW! Spain! I always wanted to go to my Native country of Spain; Province Lugo. I told him, "Sure I'll go, but we have to have separate hotel rooms!" He said "What! Why separate hotel rooms?" I told him that I was a Christian woman, and that I didn't believe in sex before marriage! He was shocked!

He still courted me, and still wanted me to go on vacation with him to Spain. All my non-Christian friends thought I was crazy! They all told me to go, share a room with him, and to have a good time with him - that I disserved it.

As lonely as I was feeling - having the arms of another man around me that was not my husband, was a feeling of comfort that I was not sure I wanted to experience. SO - I PRAYED.

I knew I needed God's supernatural strength to resist this temptation. But, I hadn't felt very spiritual, or strong at all since my divorce. So, I prayed, "God I'm lonely, and afraid. I want to be obedient to you Lord! But, I'm sad, and my heart is broken! - Lord! I praise you for Your wisdom, and strength to do your will, an to always serve you in Your holiness. LORD! - PLEASE HELP ME TO ALWAYS BE OBEDIENT TO YOUR PERFECT WILL IN MY LIFE.

From that moment on - I knew God was with me. I felt such JOY, AND STRENGTH like I had never experienced before. I felt complete, and whole. God ministered to me in a way that gave me HIS SUPERNATURAL JOY, AND HIS STRENGTH. I knew what I had to do. I immediately broke of the relationship with my Spanish friend, never to see him again.

I KNEW I WAS NOT ALONE ANYMORE! I HAD GOD'S JOY, AND GOD'S STRENGTH TO COMFORT ME AND TO KEEP ME FROM GETTING LONELY.

 JUDE 1:24 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

JAMES 1:2-3 - My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

GUILT & SHAME

Re-building my relationship with God became a new journey for me. It was a new type of journey, because now I was a single woman, but not just a single woman. I was married to God. WOW!

But, I had such guilt, and shame. Divorcing my husband, even though by Christian, and scriptural doctrine I was perfectly right standing by God. But, I felt as though I had fail God by divorcing my husband. I knew only God could make me complete, and whole again with Him.

I still had many things to challenges ahead of me, and I knew I also needed to learn from my mistakes. But, most of all I knew as long as I had the Lord on my side I would ALWAYS seek His perfect will in my life.

GOD IS SO GOOD, AND FAITHFUL TO ME!

ROMANS 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

JOY & STRENGTH

If ever in my life: or in my entire journey with the Lord Jesus Christ, I have never been without the JOY OF THE LORD, OR THE STRENGTH OF THE LORD in any battle, or loneliness, I would say NEVER. He is always with me. It's joy unspeakable - it's strength unspeakable! IT'S SUPERNATURAL, because it's His, and nobody can take it away from me or you! If you will just reach out to Him! Ask Him! He wants to bless you with His Joy, and His Strength! I am living proof of that. IT'S REAL! 

PSALMS 28:7 - The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

PRAYER OF SALVATION

If you don't know Jesus as your Lord, and Savior, receive Him now! Just ask Him into your heart. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins - (your wrong doings.)

ROMANS 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.






No comments:

Post a Comment