July 31, 2017

DEMONS CAN'T SEE THROUGH CLOSED DOORS


"DEMONS CAN'T SEE THROUGH
CLOSED DOORS"

TEMPTATION

Temptation can be a scary thing sometimes. Don't you think? I think so! Especially when it's something I'm battling with, or something I really want to overcome, and I'm not doing such a good job at it. I know - It's something most people don't want to talk about. But, sometimes we are tempted with things that we don't recognize as temptation, because we are so accustomed to living a certain way, and we enjoy our lifestyle. Until, we start to feel a guilty conscience.

JUST BEING HONEST

I want to share something with you about some changes I had to make in my life when I gave my life to Jesus in March of 1976. As I grew up there were certain things that my family did at certain times in our life that seemed normal to us. There were drugs, alcohol, violence, and any thing else that came with that lifestyle. Needless to say, I had a lot to escape from, a lot to overcome, and a lot to repent of.

LESSONS TO BE LEARNED

When I found the Lord, I had some drastic changes that needed to take place in my life. Even though I didn't choose my up-bringing; when I found the Lord I was responsible for not giving into temptation - if I really wanted to serve Him. But, I had to learn how, and why. Most importantly - what the consequences would be if I didn't. 

ROMANS 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

UNTAMED LION

That was not an easy task. I was so use to being able to do what ever I wanted to do, without having to answer to anyone. I was un-trained as a child, so I became an un-trained adult - free spirited - like a lion that couldn't be tamed, but needed to be.

I finally realized if I didn't overcome temptation, my sins would become my secret sins. Also, if I gave into temptation; no body would know, because I was behind closed doors. Little did I realize - my doors weren't closed at all. They were wide open. 

What I was doing in secret was not a secret at all! I was leaving the door wide open for even more temptation. I was letting all those crazy demons from my past have havoc over my life. I needed to learn how to shut the door, keep it shut, to keep them from looking in.

The only way to keep that door shut, to keep them from looking in, and having havoc over my life, I had to resist temptation, and be obedient to God.

"DEMONS CAN'T SEE THROUGH CLOSED DOORS" 

Psalm 17:12 - Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.

RESISTING TEMPTATION

No matter how hard you try, or what ever excuse you make, temptation is real. As long as there is good, and evil on this planet there will be temptation. We are all tempted. Even Jesus was tempted. Jesus had to resist temptation in the same way you, and I have to. He knows exactly what you're going through!

God has given you the power, and strength to overcome temptation. His power - His strength! The same power - the same strength Jesus used to overcome temptation. But, you have to be smart about it. PAY ATTENTION! God will always show you a way to escape!

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

DO YOUR PART - OBEDIENCE

One of the biggest challenges to overcome temptation is to control your thoughts. But, you can't do that if you are putting things in your thoughts that are the same things that you are trying to stay away from. By controlling what goes in your brain - you will also control what comes out of your brain, or your actions. Sometimes that also includes people that are still living the lifestyle that you are trying to get away from.

2 Corinthians 10:5 - Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

PRAYER = VICTORY

When I spend time alone with the Lord in prayer, I am always  victorious. It's impossible to spend time alone with the Lord in prayer - in the presence of God, and not come out with the presence of God. God's presence always stays with you. That is how you get His power, and strength to overcome temptation. YOUR REWARD IS VICTORY!

Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into they closet, and when thou hast (shut thy door,) pray to thy father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 

What you have to do is get the devil out of that secret place, and put God there instead!

GOD TAKES ACTION

After you have done all with God you stand, and watch God take action. But, you have to be obedient to Him. Taking the whole armour of God. Where God's armour is - God is there too!

Ephesians 6:13 - Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, (and having done all, to stand.)

Noah is another prime example of resisting temptation, and being obedience to God. It was a good thing too - that Noah did, because his life, and the lives of his family were at stake. Not to mention, the consequences if Noah disobeyed God! It would have been catastrophic to God's plan for mankind.

Noah knew God, and he knew God was coming with His power by way of the flood. Once Noah obeyed God by first: building the ark, then making sure his family, and all the animals were in the ark - God showed His power. God shut Noah, his family, and all the animals into the ark. GOD SHUT THE DOOR!

There is no power stronger than that of God's power - that can compete with the power of God - that would have been able to open that door! Let God help you keep that door shut by your obedience to Him.

YOUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD KEEPS THAT DOOR SHUT!

Genesis 7:16 - And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.


God is there just waiting to show you his power, if you will just surrender too Him. You have to want to. You have to want God's power to be demonstrated to you. Don't you want victory over your temptations? DARE GOD to show you His power to free you!

JESUS' KNOCK

Jesus' knock should be the only knock at your door you hear. Jesus' knock should be the only knock you should answer too! To have total peace, and to have total victory over temptation you have to put Jesus at the door, hear His knock, and let Him in. Don't you want do have victory over temptation? LISTEN - JESUS IS KNOCKING!

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

PRAYER OF SALVATION

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Lord, and Savior, receive Him now! Just ask Him to come into your heart. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins - (wrong doings.) 

Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment